Education at a Glance
What is at Magna?
- Fabulous Sound Machines is an exciting new temporary exhibition. Located in the Face of Steel, it's the exhibition where we want pupils to make a noise! Bungee harps, bellows and bottle organs mix with huge pendulums, slate and steel. Explore how sound is made by these materials and trigger waves of colour rippling around the vast space. The sound machines combine science with art and design. Opening late June until 4th Nov 2013. Admission to the exhibition is free and included in an education visit, the exhibition is suitable for KS1, 2 and 3, as well as KS4 students studying art and design. Fabulous Sound Machines is supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
- Four pavilions focusing on Air, Earth, Fire and Water house over 100 interactive exhibits facilitating learning through investigation and play.
- Two multimedia shows The Big Melt and The Face of Steel provide a stunning display of the building's history.
- Living Steel and Steel Reveal explore the experiences of people who lived and worked in the South Yorkshire steel industry.
- A programme of curriculum-linked workshops and presentations to enhance a visit.
- Adventure activities...Zip Wire, Abseiling, Powerfan and Bungee Jumping!
- Sci-Tek and Aqua-Tek offer fantastic outdoor play opportunities.
- Spectacular surroundings. The sheer size of the building has an awesome impact on the senses.
- Free preview visits for teachers at any time.
Workshops, Shows and Talks
|Kitchen Sink Show|
|Rockets and Balloons|
|Volcanoes and Rocks|
|Genes in a Bottle|
|Hot Air Balloons|