When can we visit?
- Magna is open Tue to Thu during Term-Time, and Mon to Fri during peak times – March, June and July. We are closed in December.
- Schools are welcome to visit during holiday periods, but we do not offer our schools’ workshop programme during the holidays.
How do I make a booking?
- Complete our online booking form with your preferred dates, details and requirements.
- The bookings team will contact you by email with a booking confirmation. If your dates, or other options are not available, the team will suggest alternatives.
What workshops are available?
- Please check our Workshops page. At peak times (March, June & July), if you want a workshop we recommend booking your visit as early as possible.
Do we have to book a workshop?
- Our educational workshops are fantastic, but lots of schools book a ‘visit only’. It depends on your learning aims, our availability, and your overall budget.
How much will our visit cost?
- Please check our Education Prices page.
How and when do we need to pay?
- A 30% deposit is due within 4 weeks of making your booking. Once we have received your deposit, we will send a balance invoice which is due for payment before, or on the day, for the numbers brought on the day. If your numbers change, we can send an updated invoice prior to the visit.
- Our full terms and conditions are emailed out with your booking confirmation.
Can we change our schedule?
- Please let us know as soon as possible if your arrival or departure time changes, and we will adjust accordingly.
- Your schedule has been put together to make sure you have a successful visit along with the other school groups visiting that day. We are unable to change lunch or workshop times on request.
What happens if I need to cancel our visit?
- If you need to cancel your visit please contact the bookings team on 01709 723116 or by emailing email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Please refer to the terms and conditions emailed out with your booking confirmation for more information on cancellations.
What happens when we arrive?
- Magna staff will greet you off your coach and guide the school inside for check-in and any final payment.
- You will be shown the lunch area, drop off any bags in a lockable cage to which you have code access, and then a quick health and safety briefing, before heading off to explore Magna, or being led to your workshop room.
Will there be somewhere to store our coats?
- Magna is a ‘coats on’ experience, please wear clothing suitable for outdoor temperatures.
- On warmer days any coats can be locked in your group’s cage.
What happens if we’re running late?
- We know hold-ups happen, don’t worry! Just let us know as soon possible, and we can make adjustments to your visit.
Is all of Magna wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, Magna’s exhibition is completely wheelchair accessible.
- Not all of our workshop rooms are wheelchair accessible. Please let the bookings team know if anyone in your group has reduced mobility and cannot use stairs, we can then schedule any workshops in the best room for your group.
Does a school visit include a guided tour?
- A school visit does not include a guided tour. You explore the four pavilions and outdoors independently. Schools usually explore Magna in their class-sized groups.
Can my group see a forge demonstration?
- Yes, these are free of charge and take place in the Fire Pavilion, but must be booked in advance.
Can my group visit the Gift Shop?
- Yes, at check-in staff will ask if you would like to visit the gift shop and arrange a convenient time. This can also be scheduled in advance with the bookings team. There are plenty of small gifts to buy and we advise pupils bring £2-£5.
- We also offer a schools’ goody bag service, please contact the bookings team ahead of your visit.
Can we use Sci-Tek and Aqua-Tek?
- Of course, Sci-Tek can be added to your schedule, or you can just head outside when it suits you on the day.
- Aqua-Tek is open June and July only, and must be booked in advance.
- During icy weather we keep Sci-Tek closed for safety reasons.
A pupil in my class has a Magna Annual Pass, or a Blue Peter Badge, can it be used for admission?
- No, Magna’s school programme is separate from any offers and discounts for family visitors.
I’m a Home Educator – can I book a school visit?
- Of course, provided the visit is during term-time. Home educators are eligible for the same prices as schools. Please complete our online booking form.
Do you have a Risk Assessment for Magna?
- Magna’s education visit risk assessment and public liability insurance are available to download.
Can I do a Preview Visit?
- Yes! Teachers can visit Magna for free anytime we are open. Just bring your school ID and let reception staff know you are here for a Teacher Preview Visit. You do not need to book a Preview Visit, nor do you need to have made a school booking; any additional family members or guests will need to pay the normal admission fee.