Magna is temporarily CLOSED.
To enable school visits whilst COVID-19 restrictions apply we are making some changes to our normal procedures:
- Limiting schools numbers, and numbers of group bubbles on any day.
- Mon to Fri during term-time, only schools are able to visit Magna, no general public are admitted.
- Meet & greet, schedules and routes around the building to keep group bubbles separate.
- Sanitising exhibition areas between group bubbles; hand rails, buttons, controls, touchscreens etc.
- Separate lunch areas for each group bubble, sanitised each day.
- Additional cleaning and sanitising of washrooms during the day.
- Additional time between workshops to permit sanitising of tables and equipment (or use of disposables) between group bubbles.
- A goody bag service rather than opening the souvenir shop, if required.
- No deposits, payment on the day for the actual numbers you bring, no cancellation fees.
If you wish to make a school booking, please call 01709 723116, Magna’s office hours are currently 10am to 2pm, or email: email@example.com
Whatever your learning aim our education team will structure your day to provide a high quality educational visit.
To help plan your journey read our section on Getting Here.
Following your booking we will send you a confirmation letter, class schedules, an invoice and any other relevant information. A risk assessment and copy of Magna’s public liability insurance are available and can be downloaded from the resources section . An education resource pack can also be downloaded to support your school’s visit.
A typical day is organised around Discovery Time for your group to explore the four pavilions: Air, Earth, Fire, Water, and our outdoor facilities. If you book any workshops they also appear on your group’s schedule, and we will timetable a half hour slot for your packed lunch. The Big Melt Show and use of our gift shop can be added to your schedule in advance, or you can organise this on arrival at Magna. Forge demonstrations (in the Fire Pavilion) are free and need to be booked in advance.
On arrival we will meet and greet your group. Bags and packed lunches are stored in locked cages, followed by a short health and safety briefing and then you are ready to go.
If your group has particular special needs, please call us on 01709 723116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements and help us plan your visit. Magna’s building is fully wheelchair accessible and 121 carers are admitted for free.
Teachers can preview Magna for free at any time during term, weekends or holidays to help plan your visit. On arrival just show your school ID card, school letterhead paper, or a copy of your trip booking letter at Magna’s information desk. Please check our opening times before making a preview visit.
To make your booking please call us on 01709 723116 or email email@example.com.
|Education Prices||Term-time only|
|Children (4-15 years)||£4.73 (inc VAT) or £4.50 (ex VAT)|
|Students (16+ years)||£5.25 (inc VAT) or £5.00 (ex VAT)|
|Additional Adult||£5.25 (inc VAT) or £5.00 (ex VAT)|
|Free Teacher Ratio||1:6 Primary|