Employment opportunities at Magna
Magna Mayhem Team Member
Magna Trust seeks to employ team members to work on Magna Mayhem events on a zero hour casual contract.
Magna Mayhem is Yorkshire’s largest indoor inflatable adventure centre for under 11s. Each day consists of four 75 minutes sessions where children will enjoy a range of specially created inflatables including a jump ‘n’ slide, helter skelter, mountain climb, candy twist disco dome, bootcamp challenge, last kid standing and an ocean playzone suitable for children under three.
We are looking for bright people with great personalities to work on Magna Mayhem events. As one of our Team Members you:
- Have bags of confidence with a friendly manner
- Be very comfortable approaching and engaging with children
- Have an enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Be able to understand and maintain quality and safety standards
- Have experience of working with children
- Be able to follow instructions and detailed timetables
- Will remain calm under pressure and in a busy working environment
- Be DBS checked (desirable but not essential)
In return we offer pay rates of; £8.75 per hour for over 18s and £7.50 for under 18s.
You would need to be available to work ALL of the following days and hours:
- Monday 18th February 8:30am–4pm
- Tuesday 19th February 9am-4pm
- Wednesday 20th February 9am-4pm
- Thursday 21st February 9am-4pm
- Friday 22nd February 9am-5pm
- Wednesday 10th April 8:30am–4pm
- Thursday 11th April 9am-4pm
- Friday 12th April 9am-4pm
- Saturday 13th April 9am-2pm
- Monday 15th April 9am-4pm
- Tuesday 16th April 9am-4pm
- Wednesday 17th April 9am-2pm
Additional hours may be offered after these dates for the right candidates.
Applications: If you wish to be considered for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Hannah Martin detailing your suitability for the role, relevant experience/qualifications and skills. CVs are accepted but you must also include a covering note containing the aforementioned information. Please include in the email subject ‘Team Member Application’.
Events Assistant (Waiting/Bar) - Casual Hours Contract
Core Statement - To ensure the highest standards of food/drinks service across all events and catering areas of Magna. To be passionate about customer service and ensure all our visitors leave delighted with their visit.
- To offer the highest standards of customer service to all our visitors.
- To ensure that there is an adequate supply of food by informing the Chef of impending shortages.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all food and beverages are paid for and that the correct amount is recorded through the till.
- To act as waiter/waitress as required. This particularly applies in the restaurant area and during special functions.
- To be prepared to assist in other areas of the building e.g. the shop as required
- To provide support in the evenings and at weekends as required.
- Adopting up selling and cross selling techniques to maximise sales as directed by the Catering Manager.
- Ensuring cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that the image of Magna if presented to the highest standards at all times.
- To ensure the safety of visitors and staff at all times by adhering to Health and Safety regulations and appropriate codes of safe working practice as laid down by the management.
- Ensure that all health and safety, and first aid incidents are reported and recorded in line with Magna's Health and Safety procedures.
- To undertake other duties as may be required by the Managing Director, commensurate with the grade and status of the appointment.
Applications: please email your CV to email@example.com, FAO Luke Rodgers
Pay: £7.83 per hour over 25, £7.50 18 to 24, £6.00 16 to 17.
(Bar work is for over 18’s only)