Employment opportunities at Magna
Exhibition Technical Services Manager
Magna Science Adventure Centre is now recruiting for a full-time Technical Services Manager to lead the technical team and deliver our exhibition maintenance programme. It’s an exciting time to be joining Magna as we embark on a long-term refurbishment of the exhibition.
The science centre’s exhibition lies at the core of the visitor experience and mixes hands-on interactives with AV features, incorporating a range of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems. Alongside your own specialist engineering skills, you will be able to organise and lead a small team of technicians to maximise operational up-time.
Magna Trust is a registered charity no. 1074578
Salary: £25,000 pa
Applications: please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, for an informal discussion about the post contact Stuart Ballard on 01709 723117.
Closing Date: Fri 19th Oct 2018
Role Description: Exhibition Tech Services Manager (PDF, 58.3 KB)
Events Assistant (Waiting/Bar) - Casual Hours Contract
Core Statement - To ensure the highest standards of food/drinks service across all events and catering areas of Magna. To be passionate about customer service and ensure all our visitors leave delighted with their visit.
- To offer the highest standards of customer service to all our visitors.
- To ensure that there is an adequate supply of food by informing the Chef of impending shortages.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all food and beverages are paid for and that the correct amount is recorded through the till.
- To act as waiter/waitress as required. This particularly applies in the restaurant area and during special functions.
- To be prepared to assist in other areas of the building e.g. the shop as required
- To provide support in the evenings and at weekends as required.
- Adopting up selling and cross selling techniques to maximise sales as directed by the Catering Manager.
- Ensuring cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that the image of Magna if presented to the highest standards at all times.
- To ensure the safety of visitors and staff at all times by adhering to Health and Safety regulations and appropriate codes of safe working practice as laid down by the management.
- Ensure that all health and safety, and first aid incidents are reported and recorded in line with Magna's Health and Safety procedures.
- To undertake other duties as may be required by the Managing Director, commensurate with the grade and status of the appointment.
Applications: please email your CV to email@example.com, FAO Luke Rodgers
Pay: £7.83 per hour over 25, £7.50 18 to 24, £6.00 16 to 17.
(Bar work is for over 18’s only)