Employment opportunities at Magna
Magna is an exciting place to work combining a Science Centre with a supporting events business. Set in the old Templeborough steelworks, its diverse operations are managed and run by a small dedicated team. The charity is now recruiting for:
Role: Magna is seeking to appoint a full-time Office Adminstrator. The role will involve general office administration, reception duties, dealing with timesheets, visitor figures, daily cashing up, and operating the purchase ledger.
Person: Team player, positive attitude, flexible approach and strong ICT skills.
Hours: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week.
Holidays: 28 days pa.
Salary: £16,000 to £18,000 pa depending on experience.
Applications: Download the role description and application form, links below. Please send a CV and completed application form to: by email - firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post - Kirsty Taylor, Magna Trust, Sheffield Road, Rotherham, S60 1DX.
Closing date: CLOSED
Magna Application Form (DOCX, 31.8 KB)
Role Description Office Administrator (PDF, 57.3 KB)
Events Assistant (Waiting/Bar) - 0 Hour Contract
Core Statement - To ensure the highest standards of food/drinks service across all events and catering areas of Magna. To be passionate about customer service and ensure all our visitors leave delighted with their visit.
- To offer the highest standards of customer service to all our visitors.
- To ensure that there is an adequate supply of food by informing the Chef of impending shortages.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all food and beverages are paid for and that the correct amount is recorded through the till.
- To act as waiter/waitress as required. This particularly applies in the restaurant area and during special functions.
- To be prepared to assist in other areas of the building e.g. the shop as required
- To provide support in the evenings and at weekends as required.
- Adopting up selling and cross selling techniques to maximise sales as directed by the Catering Manager.
- Ensuring cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that the image of Magna if presented to the highest standards at all times.
- To ensure the safety of visitors and staff at all times by adhering to Health and Safety regulations and appropriate codes of safe working practice as laid down by the management. Responsible for ensuring that all health and safety incidents and first aid incidents are reported and recorded to the Operations General Manager in line with the Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake other duties as may be required by the Managing Director, commensurate with the grade and status of the appointment.
Applications: please email your CV to email@example.com, FAO Amy Taylor
Pay: £7.83 per hour over 25, £7.50 18 to 24, £6.00 16 to 17.
(Bar work is for over 18’s only)