Head Chef – Magna Science Adventure Centre
Responsible to: Operations Director
Responsible for: Banqueting Chefs and Kitchen Porters
As a member of the Management Team, you will lead the kitchen function to achieve the highest standards of food production. Responsibility is for the creation and maintenance of a strong and customer-focused, performance driven quality culture with focus upon culinary excellence and cleanliness in the workplace. You will work within an agreed budget and will have responsibility for the efficient running of the department striving to improve quality standards, profitability, staff development and retention. The ability to demonstrate effective and co-operative team working with colleagues at all levels is also a prime requirement of the role.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Look to rebuild our banqueting menus and work with the Sales manager to set prices.
- Be involved in hiring and training of your own banqueting kitchen team.
- Create staff rosters in line with business.
- Direct all kitchen operationsincluding but not limited to food preparation, cooking and cleaning.
- Maintain kitchen equipment as needed.
- Resolve issues as they arise to ensure the continuation of foodservice and work with other HODs to improve service moving forward.
- Make sure all staff adhere to food safety and hygiene regulations to ensure a clean and sanitary kitchen and maintain our 5* environmental health rating.
- Inspect raw and cooked food to guarantee quality.
- Maintain and build vendor relationships.
- Direct a monthly inventory and ensure stock is rotated as required, while keeping to a necessary stock level in line with event business.
- Prevent wastage of stock
- To produce cost of sales and staff costs for profit and loss prior to events.
Visitor Attraction Refuel Café
- To produce family friendly menus, developing SME clients and growing the café business as a whole.
- Ability to oversee and manage kitchen operations as per Event catering
- Ability to remain productive in a high-pressure setting.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to oversee and manage kitchen operations.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- A Higher National Diploma or Foundation Degree in Culinary Arts, Professional Cookery, or Hospitality Management
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Proven experience of working in a banqueting kitchen at Sous or Head Chef Level
- Use of regeneration ovens
- COSHH/HACCP Training
37.5 hours per week
Benefit: Level 2 Westfield Cash Plan