Thanks to all our visitors who have supported us this summer, we hope you have had a great time.
- Magna will close from Tue 1st Sep and re-open for the Oct 2020 half-term holidays, with the Big Melt, forges, science workshops and our pavilions Air, Earth, Fire, Water. You can read more about our decision to close in early autumn below.
- If you have unredeemed online tickets, they are valid for 12 months, so you will be able to visit in October, or later in the year.
- Annual passes will have the expiry date extended to allow for the periods this year when Magna has been closed.
- Magna’s office remains open, but operating reduced hours, please contact us through the website.
- For event enquiries please call 01709 723118, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
” September and early October are always lean times for visitor attractions and Magna is no different, it is an expensive place to run regardless of how many visitors come through the door. In normal years to support the charity’s mission, we subsidise opening in September and early October from our operations during the rest of the year.
This year due to coronavirus restrictions, we have been unable to run any events, nor have we been able to run our schools programme, we were only able to re-open the visitor attraction on 22nd July, but have had to limit visitor numbers through the door during the summer holidays. All this has had a massive effect on our income, like many businesses the COVID-19 pandemic is forcing us to operate in different ways.
Magna is very grateful for support from The National Lottery Heritage Fund assisting us during the COVID-19 pandemic, along with other external help we have received, and for those visitors who supported us this summer, but this in no way replaces our normal trading and as a result the charity has taken the sensible financial decision to close in September and early October and re-open for the October half-term holidays.”
Kevin Tomlinson, Chair of Trustees